- Corning Cable Systems’ CamSplice is a simple, craft-friendly mechanical splice for both multimode and single-mode fibers. It features a “cam” locking mechanism, which requires no adhesive. The CamSplice mechanical splice incorporates an unique, patented fiber alignment method that self-centers the fibers and provides extremely accurate alignment. Average “blind” (non-tuned) splice loss for the CamSplice mechanical splice is specified at 0.15 dB with a minimum loss less than 0.3 dB.
- This part is for 250/250 um, 250/900 um or 900/900 um applications (one size fits all).
- No adhesive or epoxy required
- Universal, one-part-fits-all fiber coatings
- Rematable, tunable, No polishing required
- Self-centering fiber alignment mechanism
- Optional lead-in tubes for securing 900um fibers
- Index-matching gel pre-inserted